OK, toilet review after 1 day...(Kohler vs. TOTO)

Users who are viewing this thread

Swing

Reaction score
As I posted in the other thread, I bought a Toto "Supreme" yesterday...I was on a roll and feeling froggy so I also got a Kohler Cimmaron for my master bathroom.

The supreme installed relatively easy (considering its a one piece...pretty danged heavy for one person). I had to reconnect the water supply a couple times (actually had to use the old rubber nipple/gasket, the one that was supplied didn't work.. too small).

Put the Kohler in MUCH quicker even though it was a two piece. I guess since it is bigger it was easier for my big belly to get around to everything :)

Performance:
Toto = ok, not bad, better than what I had
Kohler = AWESOME

Obvious difference in performance, the Kohler has a MUCH stronger flush and the water moves around the bowl better.

Comfort:
Kohler = "chair height", I'm 6'5" so its great
TOTO = shorter and the bowl is smaller...great for my 5'1" wife and kids.

Bottom line, the Kohler will be "mine", the TOTO will be the families!

If I had more room i would take the Kohler over the TOTO but since I have so little room, the TOTO fits perfect!

Thanks for the help fellas!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Having done a lot of installs, I can safely say, that pulling a one piece toilet out of the box and sticking it down on the wax, is much quicker and easier than assembling a tank to a bowl, and then sticking it down.

Unless, you can't lift the toilet without help.
We don't have that worry.
I can carry a one-piece toilet through the house with one arm.

Water supplies are standard on toilets.
Many of the toilets are using either a Fluidmaster, or the Korky Quietfill.
The threads are the same.
Most installers don't use the plastic bits that come with the toilets for that purpose, but use a water supply that comes complete with seals.

I've had both the Cimmarron and the Toto installed for use, I would give both some time.
The trapway on the Kohler is a bit flatter on the lower end, and did wind up clogging more.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks