OK to up the pressure?

Users who are viewing this thread

BluesMan

Reaction score
My pressure sw. is currently set to 35/55 and I have 33 psi in the pressure tank when empty. Any reason I cant up this to 40/60 to get a bit more pressure to the 2nd floor showers?

Thanks

BluesMan

Reaction score
Hey Andy...thanks for the help. I do know how to adjust the pressure switch and adjust the tank pressure too. I was just wondering if there would be any ill effects by upping the pressure...like the pump cycling more, etc....?

I have a 3/4" feed from the tank to a PEX manabloc system. No water treatment yet....hoping to put a softener in sometime after the holidays.

Thanks

BluesMan

Reaction score
Thanks W.O.P.....it's a submersible pump, but I am unsure of the HP. I should call the driller and ask them what they installed.

The pump seems to be cycling fine now.

Any reason why they would set the pressure switch to 35/55 instead of 40/60?

W.O.P Jeff

Reaction score
Submersibles you can build up to way passed 60.
40-60 is standard though.

Jet pumps on the other hand... They will not build up passed certain PSI's depending on the use.

If you have a control box on the wall it should tell you the Volts, HP, sometimes your GPM depending on who's control box it is.

Even your standard 10GPM 1/2hp will do it though.

Edit: Don't go much passed 60 though as I am sure you have a pressure relief valve on your system

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks