OK to reuse these PEX fittings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Giantsean

Reaction score
Tried to be careful and even used heat but the location was awkward enough that I could not easily get the old cut pieces of pipe off without cutting. The end result is the fittings got very slightly scratched. I really don't want to have to take off the other end if at all possible as it's an even more difficult location. Does anyone think these could not be reused?

Thanks very much for any info
WP_20151124_001[1].jpg
WP_20151124_005[1].jpg

Giantsean

Reaction score
Thanks Terry. I ended up swapping out the hot fitting as it seemed kind of deep. The cold is more superficial but I will still try some emery cloth to smooth it out. Is it fair to say that if it doesn't leak it never will? (within reason I mean - if it does it's for factors of age not the scratch)

Thx!

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
I used the Uponor ProPex tubing (uses the expandable ring rather than the crimp ring) in my remodel, and I tried to reuse a fitting with a scratch on it (maybe it was a deeper scratch) and it leaked. So I decided for the couple of bucks it cost for a fitting I would not reuse any if they were to be inside a wall or anywhere I couldn't see it.

Giantsean

Reaction score
I buffed out the scratch on the cold with a 400/600/1000 grit combo and it came right out. Hooked back up and no leaks :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks