Ok I have a doozy of a issue. And need advice on how to fix

Users who are viewing this thread

ljsmwg

Reaction score
we live in Nebraska. And have livestock. Just bought a new place and need advise on fixing a self waterer.

If you look at the picture. The red circle. Is about 5 ft down in a 6”diameter hole. The line that goes from the top of the water to the line that is horazontal came un attached. It was held on with a clamp. My question. Is there a tool or something that will help reattach the line. We are in a pickle because there is no direct shut off for these waterers. So right now I have the water cut off to the whole ranch.

Attachments

• 65D484FF-3382-48B7-9801-429ADC3FCB83.jpeg
    65D484FF-3382-48B7-9801-429ADC3FCB83.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 111

Reach4

Reaction score
I am not a pro, but I think your solution will need somebody to dig down.

In your illustration, is the ID of the yellow the 6 inches? Regardless, I don't think you are going to be able to address this from up top.

There are devices to freeze pipes to stop water from flowing while you work on them. I don't know if that would help in this case.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Too much doozy for me. Fixed a waterline leak yesterday. Dug down 42in and hung from my belt buckle head down in the hole to cut out the leak and repair the pipe. Ninety per cent digging, ten per cent plumbing. There may be a method for fixing your particular problem, but the methodology ain't making anybody any money. Reach probably has it right. Dig.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
I also vote for the low tech solution: digging.

I don't think there is a way to do it from distance. Surgeons now repair heart valves by watching a monitor, but plumbers have to dig.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The very FIRST thing that has to be done is install a shutoff, and possibly a backflow/vacuum breaker device where it is connected to the main line. Then dig down and repair the connection.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks