Oil burner hot water coil

Users who are viewing this thread

Rob1979

Reaction score
Looking to connect a hot water coil that was disconnected for a couple.years. is there a way to tell if these burn out
It did work fine

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Normally we hydrostatic the coil using water main pressure . If this is a steam boiler chances are the coil maybe useless

Rob1979

Reaction score
Normally we hydrostatic the coil using water main pressure . If this is a steam boiler chances are the coil maybe useless
I was looking to connect the coil and electric hot water in series to bump it up for a whirlpool. Maybe I should just install a new coil

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
As an expert witness I often think of the liability of water heated by a coil in a boiler as the temperature even if you do install a Holby tempering valve is not considered anti scald device.

The hot water maker will be a lot cheaper to use during the winter and possibly the summer then using electric

#2 oil has a heating valve of 138,000 - 140,000 BTU's per gallon which will heat up water a lot faster then gas or electric.

Good luck

Rob1979

Reaction score
As an expert witness I often think of the liability of water heated by a coil in a boiler as the temperature even if you do install a Holby tempering valve is not considered anti scald device.

The hot water maker will be a lot cheaper to use during the winter and possibly the summer then using electric

#2 oil has a heating valve of 138,000 - 140,000 BTU's per gallon which will heat up water a lot faster then gas or electric.

Good luck
OK, I think I am going to purchase a new coil. I do not mess with boilers much. Since the coil is already disconnected do I have to drain the boiler or can I just shut it down, remove the coil, install the new, connect my hot and cold to the electric hot water and off I go?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks