Oh nO, ItS CeFiONtect!

Users who are viewing this thread

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
The idiotic CeFiONtect abbreviation (for "Ceramic Fine Ion Technology", with a leftover "T") is apparently now going to be used in the US. It's what Toto has called, in the rest of the world, for a decade, what we call CEFIONTECT. Somebody at Headquarters apparently decided they didn't want to have a separate name in the US. Or they wanted to throw away millions of dollars of goodwill and replace it with an impossible-to-spell-correctly-much-less-capitalize-the-way-they-want abbreviation because they want to destroy their business.

Remember when the dimwits at Nissan chucked the wildly-popular Datsun name that they had developed over decades in the US because the parent company didn't want to use a different name in the US anymore? And then spent decades trying to recover their market share (and still haven't).

SoOOooOOOo DuMb.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I can't even pronounce it now. And everything I've posted about CEFIONTECT over the years, with the name "CeFiONtect" for the same product is very confusing. What were they thinking?

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I can't even pronounce it now. And everything I've posted about CEFIONTECT over the years, with the name "CeFiONtect" for the same product is very confusing. What were they thinking?

It's just beyond stupid. Guaranteed changing to this incomprehensible name is just an ego bath for some newly-promoted dope at Headquarters. I think I'm gonna write them a letter.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks