Offset back-to-back bathroom sinks

Users who are viewing this thread

Ntcarson

Reaction score
Hello,

I've got a couple of questions for back-to-back bathroom sinks that have offset centers. I plan to bring the waste pipe (and vent), 2", up through the middle of both sink centers. When I split off, left and right, horizontally from that pipe, I will run in each direction (again, horizontally) for a few inches before making a 90-degree turn under each sink. Again, all pipe will be 2".
- Should I use a double sanitary tee, or a double fixture tee, or is ether okay? I know I use fixture if directly back-to-back, but unsure here.
- Where I turn out into the rooms, do I need a long sweep 90, or just a regular 90?

I can add a drawing if it doesn't make sense.

Thanks,
Neil

Reach4

Reaction score
Virginia use IPC.

I think you are describing this, but with one side turned to serve the lavatory on the other side of the wall.

double_lav_rough_1.jpg

You would want double fixture fitting. See https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/double-fixture-tee-or-double-sanitary-tee.22539/

Also you could run separate santees but that might require a 2 inch drain.. Is yours 2 inch? Anyway I am not sure.
index.php

Ntcarson

Reaction score
Thanks Reach - it is like that, but with one side turned. I've got double fixture fittings, and it is 2", so I will go that route.

Thank you,
Neil
Virginia use IPC.

I think you are describing this, but with one side turned to serve the lavatory on the other side of the wall.

double_lav_rough_1.jpg

You would want double fixture fitting. See https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/double-fixture-tee-or-double-sanitary-tee.22539/

Also you could run separate santees but that might require a 2 inch drain.. Is yours 2 inch? Anyway I am not sure.
index.php

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks