Office Building AC Size

Users who are viewing this thread

dgrobldr

Reaction score
Hi All!

My first post here, as I just found this forum this week. I'm a builder in Michigan and I'm breaking ground on a 4200 sf one story office building on Monday. My problem involves the bids I received for the HVAC work. One outfit insists that I will need 2 - 5 ton AC units and the other says all I need are 2 - 3 ton units. Does anybody have enough experience and/or a formula so that I can determine which one to go with? I'll be building on a slab, with 12' rough ceilings, dropped down to a 9' drop ceiling with all HVAC mechanicals in the 3' space above the finished ceiling. Ceiling will be blown in cellulose at r-46, similar walls to r-21. 24 - 4'x4' double glazed low-e windows and 3 exterior doors. Thanks! :)

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Hvac

Without having tables for your environment it would just be a guess, but with that amount of window area, I suspect 3 ton units might be marginal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks