Odd valve setup for kitchen faucet - two valves for cold side

Users who are viewing this thread

Pink Jazz

Reaction score
We just purchased a U by Moen Arbor smart faucet, and we plan to install it soon. However, on my pre-inspection, I noticed an oddity in my setup - there are two valves on the cold side, with the two valves daisy-chained to each other. Is there any reason for this? Note that we have a tankless water heater; I wonder if this has anything to do with it.

Reach4

Reaction score
Two valves in series could be because it was easier than just replacing the failing valve.

Pink Jazz

Reaction score
Here are my cold valves attached. The current Delta faucet is attached to the one on the left. The hot is the one on the far left.

20200929_181646.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Ice maker/water dispenser in the fridge?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
ive plumbed like that befor . Its a loop for a future filter to feed the frige and ice maker

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks