Odd tub spout connection question and options

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Hoogs, May 23, 2020 at 3:25 PM.

1. Hoogs

Hoogs New Member

Any help would be appreciated. I went to Home Depot and went through it with someone there, this is what I ended up with (see pictures).

My question is, I cut the pipe to 3/4”, the new spout sticks out 1/2” from wall. I would have to cut the pipe down to 1/4” to make it fit, but that seems too short but I don’t really know. Just wanted to get some advice before cutting short.

The original spout had a black plastic connector from the pipe thread into the spout which is different from this new one but it doesn’t seem like they really make that type anymore

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    What size is the copper coming from the wall?

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Hoogs

Hoogs New Member

It’s sticking out 3/4” right now unless you mean the girth?

5. Hoogs

Hoogs New Member

Also this is the one I think was the original, that long black piece was screwed into the pipe thread and then into the spout. I ordered that one as well which should just work without cutting the pipe further.

Attached Files: