Oblong stools

Users who are viewing this thread

Ol' RustyBore

Reaction score
I just want to jump in and voice an opinion about toilets and plumbing in general.

Round toilet bowls should be outlawed! A man can straddle an elongated bowl and not dribble on the floor. Why would anyone not want this?

All manufactured homes should be required to use standard plumbing and meet standard home codes. Not just plumbing, it should enclude electrical.

:confused:
Ol' RustyBore

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You've made a pretty good point, but there are a few cases where there is a space problem in front of the toilet and the round bowl saves a couple of inches. More or less the same argument can be made toward the ADA vs standard height. Unless the users are very short people, the ADA makes good sense. I suspect that as long as round bowls and standard height bowls are offered at a lower price than elongated ADA's they will continue to be made.

Nate R

Reaction score
My wife is 5'1". She prefers the lower height of the Non-ADA.

Our bathroom door is only 24" wide to begin with. It cannot be moved down the wall, as it's up against the chimney. And it's not too far from the toilet front.

Thus, we must use a conventional height, round front bowl. Don't have a choice. It's not the first situation I've been in where the round front is necessary for space.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
I can't hardly use a round front toilet anymore. I have to duct tape my dangling participles up just to use one, tearing the tape off gives me an unwanted shaved look where the glue held strong. :eek: :D

Other than that, the elongated bowl makes for better ease of use.

I remember years ago that if you bought an elongated or taller toilet in your home, it was considered strange and unusual, somebody in the house was handicapped or injured.

Now it's second nature and looks odd when there's a round front toilet in the home.

GramGram

Reaction score
Love my Round Bowl

I am 5 feet tall and the ADA hieght bowls leave my feet swinging like a child's. No male vistors (not many visitors of any kind, actually) in my home except once in a blue moon. Toilet space is small so it was a good decision. I almost bought elongated (which is not comfortable for me and would have left little space between the toilet and the tub) and the salesperson/advisor said "The Drake comes in the Round version but the shipment won't come in until Monday." We waited until Monday.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks