Oatey shower drain gasket replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

C-note

Reaction score
Hi, I have a shower drain in a fiberglass pan. The drain is stainless steel and marked Oatey Casper's. My shower drain started leaking recently, with water dripping out of basement ceiling light fixtures.

I have been trying to find a replacement rubber gasket for this drain with no success. All of the other Oatey shower drains seem to have a compression nut to compress the rubber gasket between the drain and the pipe.

However, my drain does not have any threads inside. I think I just need to find the right gasket and slide it in (with some soapy water). Does that sound right for an Oatey? I have scoured the internet and local plumbing stores and have not been able to find such a gasket designed for an Oatey shower drain.

Attached are pictures of the shower drain, and the old gasket I removed.

Collin

Attachments

• IMG_20200316_185851558.jpg
    IMG_20200316_185851558.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_20200316_191316567.jpg
    IMG_20200316_191316567.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Maybe this can work for you:
  • ZORO #: G5127534
  • MFR #: 65.308 made by Mustee, Cleve, OH

C-note

Reaction score
Thanks, I ordered a couple gaskets online.

Has anyone ever seen an Oatey drain without any internal threads?

I'm trying to do this the right way. Every other Oatey shower drain I've seen has a compression nut to compress the gasket. It's really odd to me that mine doesn't have this. I don't want to end up with a leaking shower a year from now.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks