Nuwell Tablet Use

Users who are viewing this thread

Pcapes

Reaction score
Hi, I have purchased some Nuwell tablets for my sandpoint. We have slowly been getting less and less water pressure from it. Hoping this will maybe clean the point out.... We have sandy soil, so not sure what could be blocking it down there. But hoping to try this, before putting in a new point.
My question is, once I put the tablets down, do I stir them around and cap the pipe back up? Or do I leave the cap off the pipe?
Thanks you for any help!!

Reach4

Reaction score
See https://www.shop-esp.com/NuWell100.aspx "How to use".

It does not say don't cap, but it doesn't say to cap. It does say that you may want to add water. So I am thinking they are thinking no cap or loose cap to keep debris out.

It does say " Agitation of the acid into the blocked area will greatly enhance cleaning."

I guess agitation could be done in more than one way. Maybe a capped PVC pipe could be moved up and down as a plunger. Three sticks of 3/4 glued together with 2 couplers and a cap on the end could do it. One-inch PVC should fit too. The cap would be about 1-19/32 wide. Let the glue harden before using. You would not want it coming apart.

They don't get into the adding of water to chase the acid through the screen into the aquifer. I think that is an important part of the process. I think I would let it sit with the pellets dissolving, and add water more than once. As I picture it, the exhausted acid would be replaced with fresh acid. So I am thinking overnight after letting the pellets fall to the bottom, and adding 1 gallon of water. The next day I might add 1/2 gallon at a time with maybe an hour between. I have never done it. my 1/2 gallon per hour is just a guess as to a reasonable rate. I hope somebody has a better prescription.

A professional well driller would not have the time to do it economically that way, but it would be easy for you.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks