Nti m100v boiler noise after call for heat

Users who are viewing this thread

Evan333

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 12 year old NTI Trinity Matrix M100V boiler that is making a vibrating noise after a call for DHW is over. Basically when the flame is going out. The sound is reverberating inside the exhaust pipe so loud it is felt throughout the house. I can hear it quite loudly outside near the exhaust vent as well. Looking inside the combustion chamber I can see the flame sputter out when this happens. It never makes this noise when the boiler is reaching temperature as long as the call for heat is active. It makes the noise only when the call for heat is over and the blower turns off. The combustion chamber and burner were cleaned really well, but weren't very dirty. The intake/exhaust was checked for blockage. The blower was also changed. Other than getting someone to verify the gas/air mixture is correct is there anything else I can test/check? Any ideas as to what is causing this noise after a call for heat is over?

Here are a few videos of the noise. It doesn't sound loud in the video but it's very noticeable in the house. It feels and sounds like a large dump trunk driving by the noise.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks