NPE-A2 & Navicirc - how do I tell if it's working?

Users who are viewing this thread

Swrobel

Reaction score
I have an NPE-210A2 and installed a Navicirc at the farthest faucet in the house from the water heater. I set it to external recirculation, moved the internal switch to external, and set NO below to use the internal pump, and set the recirc mode to "always on."

IMG_1812.jpg

Looking at the history on the unit, it shows Recirc operation time, but I never get immediate hot water out of the faucet where I installed the Navicirc, much less any other.

IMG_1811.jpg

How do I verify that it's actually recirculating correctly? I imagine the screen will show something when it's engaged in recirc activity, although I can't figure out exactly what that would be. The statuses it shows don't have entirely clear meanings, but here are some of the ones I've seen:
  • Standby
  • Post-purge
  • DHW Wait

Swrobel

Reaction score

Thanks! I do indeed have the book, and it is set to "always on" and I'm indeed within the recommended pipe length.

Bannerman

Reaction score
Regardless of the pump setting being "Aways On", the NaviCirc is equipped with a temperature controlled valve that will only allow water to circulate when the hot water arriving at the Navicirc unit is 95F or less. If circulation was to be continuous, then the home's cold water piping would become filled with hot water.

A Navirc valve is a device that is designed to permit the home's cold water supply piping to function as a hybrid cold water supply & hot water recirculation return loop for existing homes where a dedicated hot water return line would be impossible or too costly to install. As such, it will only reduce the time before hot water will arrive at the most distant faucet/appliance where the Navicirc is installed.

If you wish instantaneous hot water to multiple faucets, then consider installing a dedicated return line running from each faucet location. To utilize one circulation pump while ensuring flow through each loop is balanced, check valves and balancing valves would also be needed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks