Now to paint over water sealed wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Rotty20

Reaction score
What to you mean by water sealed?
Its hard to explain, but its like a very smooth, hard coating of what appears to be rolled or brushed on water sealer, have a pic, its very glossy looking and doesn't feel like paint at all.
20221205_194336.jpg

Weekend Handyman

Reaction score
Really hard to say without knowing what they have on there. I think you may also need some specialized primer. If they used something like Thomason’s Water Seal, even that might be a crap shoot.

You could always do a test with a sample size amount of paint.

You could talk to the folks at a specialty paint store.

I would post this question over at house-improvements.com. There are a few general contractor types who have run into a lot of odd-ball situations.

If you are sanding in an older house, I would test for lead.

Rotty20

Reaction score
Really hard to say without knowing what they have on there. I think you may also need some specialized primer. If they used something like Thomason’s Water Seal, even that might be a crap shoot.

You could always do a test with a sample size amount of paint.

You could talk to the folks at a specialty paint store.

I would post this question over at house-improvements.com. There are a few general contractor types who have run into a lot of odd-ball situations.

If you are sanding in an older house, I would test for lead.
Tyvm, great ideas. Ill do that, and was thinking the same as test it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks