Not getting water through backflow preventer

Users who are viewing this thread

cypherljk

Reaction score
I consider myself a handy person and this year I wanted to connect my system myself instead of having a company come out and do it. In the previous years I have replaced the control box, the control valves and the backflow preventer. Since it's practically a new system I should be able to cut it on right? Wrong...

I have set all the valves correctly but I am only getting water on the street side of the bleeder valve. No water appears to be going through to the system side. Any help is appreciated..

Last edited by a moderator:

cypherljk

Reaction score
Hmmm Looking at the mftr website they have the inlet and outlet valves the opposite of what I was thinking. My street is on the left. I wonder if I have it on backwards. I could have sworn that this is the way it was installed before it was pulled for the winter;

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Came to this way too late, but when I looked at the picture, I said to myself, "Self that sucker may be on backward" BTW, I'm not familiar with that particular brand, but the ones I have seen have an arrow embossed on the case showing direction of flow. Arrow on not, bet you won't have this problem again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks