Northstar Ultra II running constantly after power outage

Users who are viewing this thread

ElizabethO

Reaction score
We bought our house five years ago with this conditioner so don't know how old it is. Yesterday we had an outage that lasted only about 1 1/2 hours, but when the power came on the softener began running constantly and giving err 1. I downloaded the manual and tried to troubleshoot. when I unplug and replug the display shows normally but begins running again. I manage to set the current time and see that the default start time was at 2 AM as in the manual, but it continues to run and shows 100%, then goes to error. I don't know what I did last time but now it has stopped running and shows err 3. At least it isn't running water constantly! But what the heck happened? The manual doesn't give much info about what the error codes mean. Err 01-04 could be motor inoperative, wiring harness or connection switch, position switch, or valve defect causing high torque. The phone in function seems obsolete since when I call the number provided I get a recording that goes nowhere, says to call another number, which of course isn't one for transmitting anything.

So, anyone know what is causing this after a power outage?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
I used to work on those units.. only did for a few months before I realized they were typically more trouble than they were worth. Too many call backs after the initial repair. I have some old manuals but I am travelling next week in Tennessee. I can email them when I get back. If anyone is going to be at the Craft Brewers Conference I will be there on the show floor, come by and see me!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks