Noritz NRCR 111 should fan go on with every use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sonny goldstone

Reaction score
Hello - pretty straight forward question.

My WH’s fan goes on every single time I use hot water....

Even if I wash my hands for 30 seconds the fan turns on when I’m done.

Is this normal?

Bannerman

Reaction score
A gas fired tankless WH will need to fire the burner every time hot water is utilized. The inducer fan ensures products of combustion are eliminated and sufficient combustion air is introduced for complete gas combustion. If the fan continues to run after no further hot water is used, that will be a post combustion purge to ensure there are no remaining combustion products or unburned gases remaining in the combustion chamber after the burner has been running.

Sonny goldstone

Reaction score
A gas fired tankless WH will need to fire the burner every time hot water is utilized. The inducer fan ensures products of combustion are eliminated and sufficient combustion air is introduced for complete gas combustion. If the fan continues to run after no further hot water is used, that will be a post combustion purge to ensure there are no remaining combustion products or unburned gases remaining in the combustion chamber after the burner has been running.

Thanks Bannerman...

The unit is almost silent while the hot water is running (even a long shower) I never hear the fan come on until after the water is done being used...it whirs up for about 15 seconds then stops.

So is this description normal?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks