Non-standard drain flange for tub

Users who are viewing this thread

CatoMaior

Reaction score
I finally got the drain flange removed from my tub, and was disappointed to find that the universal replacement part from Home Depot didn't even come close to fitting. The OD on the threads is just under 2"-- maybe 1 15/16", but it's hard to tell because the flange got a bit torqued during removal. It looks like there are about 16 TPI.

Has anyone ever encountered this? Is there a name for this size/thread? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Stuff

Reaction score
Your pictures didn't come through.

I assume you mean that you are replacing the basket and not changing the shoe or overflow. Unfortunately there is not a single standard. Best to take your old basket in and try to match.
10774-9cdb40ef0dd60c245f3cc81c55487d5f.jpg

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Couldn't see your pictures.

But generally, there are various drain sizes, enough to drive everybody crazy. There are 14, 16 fine and 11.5 coarse. Then you have 1-3/8" and 1-1/2" and even 1-5/8" drain assemblies.

If your thread is now damaged, you will have to replace the whole thing to avoid leaks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks