Non-plumbing "plumbing" question

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr32Slim

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to this board but I've been lurking and reading it for years. I have a PVC pipe question unrelated to plumbing but I figured this is a good place to get some help. I want to build a contraption I saw on YouTube that is made out of PVC pipe -- it's to help correct my son's baseball swing -- but I wasn't sure what type of PVC elbow is being used here. The ones I see online at Lowes all look different -- they don't have the straight piece connection above the elbow curve. If anyone can provide a link or name to help me find this tubing, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks! - Slim

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 11.19.50 PM.jpg

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
Hi all,

New to this board but I've been lurking and reading it for years. I have a PVC pipe question unrelated to plumbing but I figured this is a good place to get some help. I want to build a contraption I saw on YouTube that is made out of PVC pipe -- it's to help correct my son's baseball swing -- but I wasn't sure what type of PVC elbow is being used here. The ones I see online at Lowes all look different -- they don't have the straight piece connection above the elbow curve. If anyone can provide a link or name to help me find this tubing, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks! - Slim

View attachment 83055

Interesting. Long time player and coach.. Do you have a link to the theory of this trainer?

John

Reach4

Reaction score
Combo stands for combination wye plus 45 degree bend. So combination would probably be the key word if looking online.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The box stores often refer to a Combo as a Long Sweep Tee.

An old timer that used to work at one of my supply houses named Stan and then worked at a local hardware store used to sell a Potato Gun kit that looked similar. The whole kit was on the shelf but it was a wink wink deal.. you couldn't call it a potato gun when you went to ask for it.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think a sched 40 tee would be better and stronger. Rather than a dwv fitting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks