Non-flex copper supply riser

How to install a chrome-plated copper riser to a toilet or faucet

1. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Reach4 submitted a new resource:

Rigid copper supply riser - How to install a rigid chrome-plated copper riser to a toilet or faucet

Read more about this resource...

2. Sylvan

Sylvan Still learning

plumbing- - fire suppression
    Personally I like using a 3/8 CP brass nipple and setting the tank down on it . This is not for the non skilled

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Is my concept wrong, or is it that your way is better because more of the tubing extends into the valve?

5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Using 3/8 plated soft copper is how most of us did it. You can measure a little long to make sure the tubing fits all the way into the stop.
    That being said, the first tightening is where it meets the fixture, either the fill valve on a toilet or the 1/2" threads for a faucet.
    The last thing you do, as you mention, is to tighten the nut with sleeve at the stop.

For the toilet, it's important that the 7/8" end meets the fill valve at a flush angle. That must mate up perfectly.

Tuttles Revenge likes this.
  6. Tuttles Revenge

Tuttles Revenge In the Trades

Would be interesting to see a "how to" follow up to this on how to properly, skillfully and aesthetically bend and install tubular supply lines. Prior to '97 that is how I did all my supplies with a tubing bender. Now we only do them on pedestal sinks and certain toilets if requested.