Noisy Acrylic Shower

Users who are viewing this thread

mekump

Reaction score
Our master bathroom has a MAAX Acrylic shower, Soprano II, that makes noises with temperature changes in the house. The noise is like a single cracking noise. We've also noticed the same type of noise when the shower is being used. Is this normal for acrylic showers to make these types of noises?

tia,
Mike

JDkimes

Engineer
Reaction score
I have an acrylic shower made by Lasco Bathware, and it doesn't make those noises.
But I installed it myself.
I put sand/cement mix under the pan to support it, some installers don't do that. It's not "required" by the mfr. but recommended by them. Takes out the flex in the floor, gives it more solid feel.
Not sure why it would make a noise when it's not in use. That sounds creepy. Really heavy ghosts?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Plastic expands and contracts with temperature changes. It is farily common to notice it with drain lines using pvc or abs; not so much with a shower assembly, unless in use.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks