Noisey Toilet & shower issue

Users who are viewing this thread

moparmadness316

Reaction score
I have an issue with one of the bathrooms in my house. I have a 2 bath home. The master bathroom is fine. The other bedroom in the house is my problem. First up is the toilet. When the toilet is flushed, you can hear like a whistling noise through the toilet and the pipes. I dont know where to start. I dont get this noise when using the sink or the shower in that bathroom. WHere should I start with that?

The second issue is the shower.The house was remodeled before I bought it last year. No matter what position the valve is in, water comes out of the shower head. Not as strong as it does when its in the shower position, but it still comes out. It doesnt have a mixer valve in the wall. It just has a little knob on the spout that you pull up to black the flow to the spout.

This is my first home and I have NO idea where to start with this stuff. Any help would be great.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Toilet, noisey fill valve can be replaced with a quieter one.

Korky Quietfill would be a good choice.

The tub spout with diverter may need replacing if the water still comes out when the diverter is pulled up to redirect toward the shower head.

moparmadness316

Reaction score
I did try replaceing the spout. With the same result. I even ran the water with the spout off. And its the same thing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks