Tempress II, Noise in shower

Users who are viewing this thread

Jay3Boyz

Reaction score
One night my wife was showering my son and then there was a loud bang and shower head pressure went down and the bottom spout water was also flowing.

I was told it could be the cartridge behind the handle. I opened up and saw Tempress II so i searched and found the cartridge. Replaced and now there is a weird sound that can last 2-3 minutes and it stops. It is somewhat loud. Please see video. I also replaced the push pull diverter and still has same sound but now the spout drips a bit when shower head is on which is better but not a lot of pressure before the problem started. I am not a plumber and any help would be appreciated.

See shower noise video

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
There are two screws missing in the cover plate. That might cause a noise. Between the shower hose and where the pipe comes out of the wall there are two parts. What are they? (One looks like a swing check?) Is the other one a filter, diverter or what?

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks