Noise from vibrating pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I'm building a home theater in my basement, and I'm trying to keep the outside noise to a minimum, but I am hearing a rhythmic vibration from a pipe whenever the laundry is run, or a lot of water is used, like for a shower. I'm trying to find a way to quiet it down. On one side of the theater is a column that has access to the water shutoff valve. This column is open on the front, and is where I hear the noise in the theater. The room on the other side of the theater is the utility room and the ceiling has no drywall so there is access to the pipe in there. The noise is loud in that room also (and in the kitchen above). I'm only worried about eliminating the sound in the theater

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
Might be your pressure reducing valve if you have one, may need to be repaired or replaced.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks