Noise Coming From Cast Iron Boiler (video provided)

Users who are viewing this thread

Stupidhomeowner

Reaction score
Hey there guys, just got a strange noise coming from my cast iron dunkirk boiler from around 95'. only makes noise when i call for heat. cant pinpoint exactly where except from inside the boiler. I took a video and posted the link below and you can hear around the 20sec mark when i get close to the supply pipe coming off the boiler it picked up the noise more in that area. im baffled though.

what do you guys think? is it serious?

https://youtube.com/shorts/O4JtQM8rSd8?feature=share

Fitter30

Reaction score
Have a section leaking. Water is spraying out hitting a hot surface. Valve makeup off and pressure start to lower after a while hour or two just depends how bad the leak is. It must only be leaking with burner firing. It will get worse. Don't let the water pressure drop below 5 lbs open the make up. 866.847.6656 for warranty info.

Last edited:

Stupidhomeowner

Reaction score
Have a section leaking. Water is spraying out hitting a hot surface. Valve makeup off and pressure start to lower after a while hour or two just depends how bad the leak is. It must only be leaking with burner firing. It will get worse. Don't let the water pressure drop below 5 lbs open the make up. 866.847.6656 for warranty info.
you think there is a leak somewhere inside the boiler? i don't see water anywhere

Fitter30

Reaction score
If u drip water on a red hot pan what happens to it? Flashes into steam. It will get worse. Freat make up water also brings with it oxygen and minerals. Oxygen is a bad thing brings corrosion.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks