No water through Rinnai water heater

Users who are viewing this thread

ozark01

Reaction score
Is there any reason besides a stopped up heat exchanger that will prevent water from running through a Rinnai water heater? I was deliming the heater and water from the deliming pump was was circulating fine but when I came back in about a hour the discharge from hot water side of the heater had slowed to a trickle. I checked the pump and it was working fine.

When I put city water pressure back on the heater a full flow of water came out the discharge hose like there was no problem. I'm trying to understand why water came out full flow with city pressure but not with the pump. Any ideas will be appreciated. The heater was working fine before I did the deliming except it was time for it to be delimed as a precaution. I also cleaned the cold water inlet screen but it made no difference.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks