No Water Pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread

music9704

Reaction score
OK first, I don't expect anyone to fully understand this system. I was just wondering if this could be done, and if it would help the water pressure.
In bath #3 (pic) I have no water pressure in the shower, even though it was just remodeled. (NO, I didn't do the work myself, but this is part of the reason I am doing the one above). So the copper goes from bath 3 up to bath 5. I am running 3/4 Pex homerun to bath 5; I was wondering if I connected the pex to the open copper pipe that was feeding bath 5. It feeds bath 3 first. Would give me more pressure. Bath 3 would be feed from two ends. It would make a loop
Main------1/2" copper-----bath 3
Main-------3/4 pex------bath 5-------bath 3

I can get to the copper pipe in bath 3 now. Once I close up bath 5, I can't.
I can't replumb bath 3, I can only just get to the cut pipe from where it was feeding bath 5.

Attachments

• bath feed.jpg
    bath feed.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 154

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
Your problem is more than likely from the galvanized lines, including the main. They need to be replaced.

John

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pressure

First find out WHY it has no pressure, especailly since it was just remodeled. it could be a functional problem inside the valve, and if so, it makes no difference how much volume you make it will still be the same way. John201, is that the avatar you posted or was yours hacked like mine was last week?

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
The avatar is mine. The one on this posting is not the one that I was referring to. That one was "XXX" rated.

John

Last edited by a moderator:

music9704

Reaction score
Thank you guys. John201, I don't think the low pressure is from the galv pipe; we have pretty good pressure through the rest of the house. I was thinking it wasn't getting enough water because of the type of shower heads. The shower actually has 1 shower head as well as 3 wall spray heads. I thought I had read this type of system needed to be looped. I wan't sure if looping the whole bath room would help.
HJ It may be a valve. The guy got the hot & cold reversed. It's hard to tell whats going on behind the tile. I just can't get to anything.
I am going to replace the galv pipe as soon as I can. The piror owner was a well driller. We have wells, and water pipes running all over the place. It's hard to tell what goes where.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Hot and cold reversed is a simple matter of rotating the cartridge 180 degrees. I usually do it intentionally for shower only valves so I feed the showers with the bigger "tub" opening, which reverses the hot/cold sides, then insert the core upside down.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks