No water from outdoor faucet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jambron

Reaction score
Hey so I bought a house in december, and I'm wondering why my frost free faucets on the outside have no water coming out, I have turned the valve on in the inside, and also took a faucet apart to see if it was ok, looks good. Turned the water on when I had the faucet out and a few dribbles of water came out, then nothing. Could it be water pressure or a clog, I'm confused at this point, the inside is all pix piping except where the shut off valve is on the inside which is copper.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
You are sure that everything came out when you removed the stem? Did you try turning the water on at the inside shut-off while you had the stem removed from the frost-free spigot? That would prove how well the water is making it to that point. If the interior piping is all accessible, I would also make sure there is not another valve inside.

MP_MKZ

Reaction score
So those frost free spigots have a copper cartridge in them. You need to make sure that whole thing is out. Then go open the faucet valve inside the house. If you get no water coming out then you either have to open another valve or there is a blockage somewhere. I doubt it's blocked if it's copper. Maybe galvanized steel could be. Keep us informed what happens. I am curious.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks