No water coming from sinks after slab leak

Users who are viewing this thread

NoobCali

Reaction score
I’ve tried to search this but couldn’t find anything exact and I apologize if it’s been asked before.

Recently I had a slab leak found and repaired, post slab leak repair almost about 2-3 hours after the plumber had left, one sink master bedroom stopped producing any water only on the hot side. Every other sink was fine so I figured when I have time I will clean out the cartridge and that might fix the problem.

But now another sink in the guest bathroom is not producing any water at all, this time it’s on the cold side only, since not many people use that sink beyond checking it initially to make sure all other sinks worked (it did at the time), no one has checked that sink until I did today. Now I’m curious why slowly my sinks are clogging and what should I do? I called the plumber and they said clean the cartridge when it was just one sink.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
You must uncover where you have blockage. Your plumbing contractor should be taking care of this, no doubt about that.
If you must: Start at angle stops. Use a long no-burst flex connector into a bucket on each one.
If the angle stops are flowing, then it is upstream where your problem is.
It is the responsibility of the contractor, really!

NoobCali

Reaction score
You must uncover where you have blockage. Your plumbing contractor should be taking care of this, no doubt about that.
If you must: Start at angle stops. Use a long no-burst flex connector into a bucket on each one.
If the angle stops are flowing, then it is upstream where your problem is.
It is the responsibility of the contractor, really!
Is there a chance all my faucets become blocked? I called them and they said it’s not their responsibility and just clean the cartridge. I don’t think it’s just that. They is American leak detection btw

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you have old galvie pipes underground still , I can see argument that after completing repair all is flowing that thier work is done but a couple hours later is bs . just my opinion but I wouldnt return several times for free if 80 year old pipe is cause. sometimes the anglestops need removal as they have a reduced passsage way. American Leak Detection heard of them no opinion I think they are a big chain. Dont know whether one rotten plumber spoils the entire company nor a good guy makes them shine.

NoobCali

Reaction score
Thank you for reply Jeff and Breplum

Based on what you’ve said I might go ahead and try to press the issue with the plumbing contractor.

If you have old galvie pipes underground still , I can see argument that after completing repair all is flowing that thier work is done but a couple hours later is bs . just my opinion but I wouldnt return several times for free if 80 year old pipe is cause. sometimes the anglestops need removal as they have a reduced passsage way. American Leak Detection heard of them no opinion I think they are a big chain. Dont know whether one rotten plumber spoils the entire company nor a good guy makes them shine.
The house is 23 years old. The pipes are copper. They refused to even return one time to check it out and I just let it go. But with two I will call them and try to at least press the issue to see if they can clear the line. I think it’s pretty reasonable but they made it seem like this was on me primarily

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I dont think thats right . im sure those guys are high dollar too. insurance claim?

NoobCali

Reaction score
I dont think thats right . im sure those guys are high dollar too. insurance claim?
Jeff thank you for your reply. No this was paid out of pocket. I’m going to call tomorrow and see what they can do about it if they want to waive all liability I might try to get them to give me that in writing so at least I can prove I tried. The first time I called they said clean the cartridge and they can’t do much about it.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
On the leak repair, was it under the floor inside the home where concrete had to be cut or outside and they dug under the home. Any idea how much pipe was was replaced, if any?
What it sounds like to me is the work was sloppy that allowed soil or mud to enter the pipes. I have fixed a lot of PVC sprinkler pipes and almost always sand or small stones get inside the pipes, then the next sprinkler or two in line gets plugged up. I've use a shop vac to suck out debris but usually I'll use it remove water and mud covering the broken pipe. Assume a long section of pipe was replaced, you may never know if anything was inside the pipe.

NoobCali

Reaction score
On the leak repair, was it under the floor inside the home where concrete had to be cut or outside and they dug under the home. Any idea how much pipe was was replaced, if any?
What it sounds like to me is the work was sloppy that allowed soil or mud to enter the pipes. I have fixed a lot of PVC sprinkler pipes and almost always sand or small stones get inside the pipes, then the next sprinkler or two in line gets plugged up. I've use a shop vac to suck out debris but usually I'll use it remove water and mud covering the broken pipe. Assume a long section of pipe was replaced, you may never know if anything was inside the pipe.
Yes Worth, inside the home. The piece they took out was no longer than 6.5 inches from what I saw. I might use what you just said because I’m fairly certain that is what happened

NoobCali

Reaction score
Anyone interested the plumbing company American leak detection will not cover any of this and claim they have no liability. I’m going to file a compliant with the BBB and hope if anyone sees this to avoid that company

Reach4

Reaction score
Anyone interested the plumbing company American leak detection will not cover any of this and claim they have no liability. I’m going to file a compliant with the BBB and hope if anyone sees this to avoid that company
Why would they have liability?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks