No Water after replacing pump, tank and foot valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Jennifer Wickings

Reaction score
A few weeks ago our pump went out. We bought a new one and replaced it. We went from a 1/2 hp to a 1 hp. Then the tank blew out. Replaced the tank and all pipes and T and pressure gauge, Everything new. Water worked great for about a week then we lost water pressure and nothing coming up from the well. Its a deep well, 100 ft. Today we pulled the pipes and replaced the foot valve and still no water. I am at a loss and have no clue what could be going on. Please help.

Reach4

Reaction score
  1. Where is the pump -- down the well, on the well, or elsewhere?
  2. What current runs through one of the hots from the breaker when you turn on power? Use a clamp-around ammeter.
  3. Is there a control box?

Jennifer Wickings

Reaction score
This is the pump that we bought. It is mounted on top of the tank. And it is 110 going to it.

Acquaer 1-HP 115 and 230-Volt Cast Iron Shallow Well Jet Pump
Item #3605317Model #CJE100
  • Durable cast iron volute
  • Built-in automatic thermal overload protector
  • Pressure switch pre-set at 30-50 psi for automatic operation

Reach4

Reaction score
1. In the house or other building
2. No answer yet.
3. No.

More questions

4. Is there any sign that power reaches the pump (hum, heat, whatever?)?
5. What voltage goes to the pump now? I understand that 115, or so is what you want.
6. Did you change the jumpering on the pump to make it accept 115 volts instead of 230? Pumps that can do either voltage are often shipped with the higher voltage selected, and you have to change it to the lower voltage if using 115.

Jennifer Wickings

Reaction score
1 it is in another building
2 I honestly am not sure
3 yes it has full power out at the well house. It ran good for a few days after we replaced everything above ground. I thought maybe it might have been an issue with the foot valve so we pulled the pipes today and replaced it and primed the pump and still no water coming up or getting any pressure. There is a very small trickle of water that will come out of the spigot that is attached to the outside of the pump house but only for a second and then stops. The pump runs, but we currently have the power turned off so we don't burn up the pump.

Reach4

Reaction score
1 it is in another building
2 I honestly am not sure
3 yes it has full power out at the well house. It ran good for a few days after we replaced everything above ground. I thought maybe it might have been an issue with the foot valve so we pulled the pipes today and replaced it and primed the pump and still no water coming up or getting any pressure. There is a very small trickle of water that will come out of the spigot that is attached to the outside of the pump house but only for a second and then stops. The pump runs, but we currently have the power turned off so we don't burn up the pump.
For #2, order up a clamp-around ammeter.

See new questions in #4.

Jennifer Wickings

Reaction score
5. 110 is what we having going to it right now.

6. Yes it is 115 and we did make sure it was on the correct setting for 115. Originally it was set for 230 when they shipped it.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
A shallow well pump can only lift from about 24'. How deep is your foot valve? Sounds like after a week the water level may have dropped to 24' or deeper?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks