No vents installed in barn before concrete was poured.

Users who are viewing this thread

STyler

Reaction score
IIRC, The primary line ran straight from the toilet drain to the extra sink (the lone stub up in Pic #3) and continued out that far end to the septic tank. The shower, bath room sink came into the main line from the side. There's also a floor drain in the center of the wash stall (under the bales of hay in Pic #2 at about the position of the yellow Romex on the table) that angles into the main pipe just before it heads under the toilet.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
vents

The pipes coming out of the floor tell us NOTHING about how they are connected and run UNDER the floor, and without knowing that, there is no way we can tell you if venting the sink would vent the entire system properly.

STyler

Reaction score
The pipes coming out of the floor tell us NOTHING about how they are connected and run UNDER the floor, and without knowing that, there is no way we can tell you if venting the sink would vent the entire system properly.

See post above yours for my best recollection.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Dwv

quote; Looks to me like it all wet vent's through the lav. And once again a plumber takes the rap because someone does not understand plumbing design. So to whoever the aging plumber was that installed it, and if you're reading this, I feel for ya man, we don't get no respect
That was not done by a "real plumber" otherwise it would have been done correctly. HE IS THE ONE WHO DID THE PLUMBING DESIGN, not the home ownere. And regardless of how the customer positions the fixtures, there is never a good excuse to install the piping incorrectly. I DON'T give the "aging plumber" no respect either. But I do feel for him, because it is never nice to see someone suffering from Alzheimer's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks