No pre slope. What to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

DiyPaul

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

( I already posted this in the shower and bath form, but I think it’s better suited here.)

Well, here’s the issue, I’ve slowly been doing a bathroom remodel, and I’m in the process of making the shower pan. I watched a few videos on YouTube about not needing to do a preslope, so like an idiot I didn’t. Now I’m reading online that it’s a must!

I’ve already laid my mud and sloped it. I’m still waiting for it to cure, but I’m thinking now that I might have not sloped it enough. (Although I did use one of those plastic guide products to make sure the slope is enough)

My question is this, what would you do if you were me at this point, rip out? Redgard the slope I already have? What would that do to the thinset adherence? Is there any workaround that will be reliable?

I am all about doing the job right, I just don’t feellike taking all the mud out of the pan if it’s notnecessary.

Thank you!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks