No hot water or pressure in shower/tub

Users who are viewing this thread

Mark H

Reaction score
Good morning,

I am not a handyman at all but seem to be able to figure things out. This problem had me scratching my head and also a plumber friend of mine as well. House was built in ‘66 and has a “triple faucet” setup, picture shown. Started getting low hot water pressure a month or so ago. Asked plumber friends and did everything that they said to try. But still no hot water coming from either the tub faucet or shower head. Replaced stems and still nothing. Where I’m confused is that I take out both stems and turn on the water, water shoots to the back wall. Have tried leaving either hot or cold stem in and turn on water to maybe dislodge whatever is stuck and still nothing. So obviously it is somewhere between where the stem connects and where the water comes into the hot water side pipe. So here I am asking Thai question with probably an obvious answer. Side note, wall is sealed with living room on other side of shower. Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Remove the diverter valve stem only. Then open the hot water valve slowly to flush out any debris. If these stems are old style using washers, I'm suspecting the hot water side washer started to disintegrate and a piece is stuck inside.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks