No-hot-water issue fixes itself?

Users who are viewing this thread

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Fat chance.

Lady called in a complaint that her hot water died at all fixtures. I show up after three other jobs and it's running fine. No hot water flow before, now it's good. My daily allowance of diagnostic prowess is diminished needless to say, but I did take note of some things while I was there.

She has a 12yo Rheem Guardian Fury water heater. Seems like I swapped out one of these not long ago where I cut loose the old w/h and noticed that down in the cold side nipple there was a white bead with a spike on it like a salt water fishing bobber. It was jammed in place by several chunks of rust closing off the flow of water into the water heater. No diagnosis on my part, I was just called in to replace the unit.

So, is this looking like another heatsink nipple failure, or should I consider other possibilities?

Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks