no hot water in the tub - another one

Users who are viewing this thread

tamerax

Reaction score
seems to be a common issue.

I don't know much about plumbing but i was able to install my sink and run my own supply lines but when it comes to the detailed workings of a faucet, i'm lost.

my shower suddenly stopped having hot water this morning. Like, no water at all when i turn it towards the hot side.

Its a Moen Chateau style. I have no idea how old it is as it came with the house when i bought it. I would say within the last 5 - 10 years but i honestly don't know.

I took off the handle and escutcheon cap, pulled the little brass thing that looks like a big staple out (retaining clip?) and i pulled the thingy in the middle out as far as possible. There was a small fitted washer on their (round on the outside but square in the middle) that was lose. I took it off, clean it and put it back on but it honestly doesn't feel like i did much of anything and of course, i still have no hot water.

Any help in simple terms would be greatly appreciated :D

tamerax

Reaction score
and i'm told chateau style is the kinds where you turn the knob left for hot and right for cold.

that what i have :p

tamerax

Reaction score
Model #: 2739

as far as i can tell.

don't know anything about this anti-scalding feature.

tamerax

Reaction score
yeah..i think i need to replace the cartridge. its just that i don't know if i have a 1200 or 1225 because i don't have the right tool to take it out.
also, it did this so suddenly which is the really weird part. it wasn't gradual at all.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The 1200 ( brass ) and 1225 ( plastic ) are for the older Chateau...the kind you pull out to turn on , then left/right for hot/cold. It sounds like you have a Chateau Positemp.....no pulling, just turn CCW to go from off to cold to warm. The cartridge for that is the 1222

tamerax

Reaction score
moen1225.gif

it was a 1225. popped it out and replaced it with no problems at all. even got it for free :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks