No hot water, Delta shower faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

20cut99

Reaction score
How do I fix this?? See attached picture. All copper, no plastic cartridge.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 20181222_111019.jpg
    20181222_111019.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 269

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Is the valve frozen or it turns and nothing happens?

Put an adjustable wrench on the flat part of the cap and carefully turn it counter clock wise. It may take some force but be careful not to twist the valve body too much. Some light taps with a hammer on the wrench can help. It’s all brass so it should come off easy.

20cut99

Reaction score
The valve isn't frozen and turns easily enough, but the water shuts off when on full hot.

Is the valve frozen or it turns and nothing happens?

Put an adjustable wrench on the flat part of the cap and carefully turn it counter clock wise. It may take some force but be careful not to twist the valve body too much. Some light taps with a hammer on the wrench can help. It’s all brass so it should come off easy.

20cut99

Reaction score
I put a moderate amount of counter clockwise pressure on the cap but I couldn't budge it. I removed the screw under the valve.

Attachments

• 20181223_100902.jpg
    20181223_100902.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 177

20cut99

Reaction score
The hole on the bottom of the cap, is there a set screw in it?
It's a long screw with a small rubber washer built into it. Like for adjusting water flow or something. I removed it and tried to remove the cap with counterclockwise pressure, but couldn't move it. I'm afraid of crushing the pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks