No Condensation from Navien, Problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Robenco15

Reaction score
Hello,

So every winter I have to take the condensation tube and put it in a bucket inside another larger tub. My sump-pump line that runs to the outside freezes and then the pump can’t pump the water and eventually will kill itself.

Therefore, I check the bucket weekly (not a big deal) and usually once a month for the 3 cold months of winter I empty it.

Well it’s been a month and I just checked the bucket and it’s completely dry. There has been no condensation drainage at all. Is this a problem? It’s never happened before and I haven’t really changed anything between last winter and this winter. Found it pretty curious and wanted to see if it’s anything I should look into. Thanks!

Fitter30

Reaction score
Condensing boilers only condence when return water temp is below 130*. That's where the 94%+ efficiency comes from. Without condensing 85% efficient.

Fitter30

Reaction score
When the boiler is condensing it's working at design. It's a good thing. Outdoor reset might help to get full efficiency out of the boiler except when need higher temp to heat.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks