No cold water to upstairs toilet and shower

Users who are viewing this thread

wingfoot67

Reaction score
Last night we stopped getting cold water to our master bath shower and toilet. In this bathroom there is also a double sink and a garden tub which are all working fine. I suspect that there is a frozen supply line as the temperature was negative yesterday and all through the night but am not sure. I have turned up the heat in the house and put a portable heater next to the toilet which is adjacent to the shower. I also turned the shower on to a trickle and the toilet tank is empty so it should fill when the water starts flowing again. I do not have access to the pipes as they are hidden in the wall. Could this be some other problem besides frozen pipes and is there anything else I can do?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If the cabinet is on an outer wall, keep the doors open. Same thing for your kitchen sink cabinet.
It sounds like you are on the right track getting things warmed up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks