No blower on heat with door shut

Users who are viewing this thread

Richard Cropper

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I am having an issue with my furnace. Its not new but selling the house and it needs fixed. So when the unit is in heat mode, auto fan and door shut I get no blower. Take the door off and the blower comes on immediately. The fix I found was taking the switch out of the metal housing on the unit and letting it hang. Worked that way perfectly fine for the last 4 years. When you out the door on the bottom 1/4 of the door makes contact somewhere causing it to turn off. Any ideas? Thank you!

Nordyne M1GH 070A BW

*Edit: So I found the switch to be getting hit by the door centering the rocker switch and causing it to select neither the auto or on. Figured it might be the wrong switch so I check the model and fan switch. It is the right switch but it seems like it should have a plunger switch on it...

Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
If this switch sits at the edge of the door frame, can you notch out the door edge so it does hit the switch?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks