Nice looking lavatory / toilet supply valves

Users who are viewing this thread

TorontoTim

Reaction score
I'm putting in the toilet and console sink in my powder room, and all the fixtures are polished nickel as per the wife's request ;)

It is a console sink, with polished nickel legs etc, and while I've had no trouble finding a polished nickel P trap for the sink, finding nice looking shutoff valves is proving a challenge.

Yes, there are many many polished nickel valves out there, but they all seem to leave the 1/2" copper stubbed out from the wall exposed, unless you cut the copper at just the right spot to minimize/eliminate exposed pipe between the valve and escutcheon.

In the upstairs bath, I used a Dahl Finishing Valve product that slides over the copper pipe, with the compression nut able to slide right up against the escutcheon, basically allowing a few inches of copper to be covered by the valve and completely covering the roughed in pipe. I'd use these but they're not available in polished nickel - only chrome.

http://www.dahlvalve.com/products/finishing_valve.aspx

So... in a nutshell, what do people do to 'dress up' the exposed copper pipe sticking out of the wall between the escutcheon and valve?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Sometimes you can find deep escutheons. Otherwise, cut the stub back and reinstall the valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks