Niagara Stealth problems

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by randy crocker, Sep 21, 2017.

1. randy crocker

randy crocker New Member

I'am hav'ing a problem with this toilet running and the bowl draining after flush. This is a niagara stealth n7714 toilet. I've replaced the flush valve seal twice and thats not the problem. The tank seems to drain down about every 5 min. or so and I'll hear the tank refill for about 3 sec. Also after the flush is finished the water in the bowl will drain down to a low level sometimes leaving a little air gap. I've replaced the flush valve twice, even though it did'nt need it. I poured a bucket of water down the bowl which went down just fine. Niagara is sending me a gasket that goes from the tank to the unit in the tank( no idea what you call it) but have no idea of how to remove the unit from the tank. Any help would sure be appreciated, Thanks

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

A useful l troubleshooting method is to turn off the supply water to the toilet. Note how the water in the tank falls over time. The level at which the water stops dropping helps to identify the cause.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. randy crocker

randy crocker New Member

I've given this a try, the water level in the bowl dropped about 1" enough to create an air gap. The water level in the tank has dropped about 7" with about 1" of water left on the bottom. It seems to have stopped there from what I can tell.

[​IMG]

photo added by Terry

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2017
  5. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

So that is the level I would be looking at.

Looks complex. Possibly when the water has dropped to about 1/2 inch of where it is going to stop dropping, a few drops of food color into spots in the tank would show the flow.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2017
  6. randy crocker

randy crocker New Member

ok, i will give that a try and see what happens. thanks

7. JamesEspinosa

JamesEspinosa New Member

I have that same problem, did you ever figure it out? Thanks in advance!

8. Jim Nichols

Jim Nichols New Member

I have the same problem, replaced flapper seal, still leaking down. What is the fix?

9. Ben12345

Ben12345 New Member

Hey guys--- I had the same problem and contacted Niagara... the air transfer tube is clogged. Remove the tank and pour hot water down the small hole. Good luck! -Ben