Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It's not new, I have two in stock.
I've sold dozens of them,
But when they changed manufacturing, I quit selling them.
They were always a very basic toilet, but then the quality went down, and it was no longer worth carrying.

This "new" technology has been around for ten years or so,
And there is newer stuff out there that is better.

niagara_angle.jpg

And looking inside the tank
niagara_inside_tank.jpg

The handles break too easily.
Ever changed a Niagara handle?

Last edited:

njay

Reaction score
WOW !!!! I read that a LOT of you folks just dont like new stuff !!! In the past year I've installed 26 of these from home depot at $88 COMPLETE under their glacier bay moniker... I had an issue with only one whereby the rim did not give an adequate rinse to the bowl.... I called the mfg in jersey and they shipped me a new bowl for zip in about a week.... and there IS a gasket between the tank and the bowl and I've not had to "issue" any plungers with any of them yet..... the maker guarantees all their porcelain by the way for 10 years....... (and I work for ME not niagara or HD just in case anybody wonders) MY customers are happy, and then I STAY happy too.......:D

We love ours too.... Bought ours for the cabin. We went through 4 stools in so many years. Couldn't winterize them. This one works great! Clean Flush the first time everytime. We have had zero problems! Which means zero repairs! Want to replace all of our stools with this one. But I didn't know that they moved to China.

Trailsider

Reaction score
Just installed 3 Glacier Bay 1.28 Niagara flapperless in a vacation condo

Installation was easy enough, but one did have a problem with the water not quite stopping. Pulled the device apart and flushed water through it as recommended and it seemed to help - but time will tell. One big concern I had was it seemed this toilet has some real challenges completey flushing #2. I had to flush it 3 times, which kind of negates the water saving aspect. A little annoyed, as Home Depot rated this as a 10 in flushing power.

richardeisenman

Reaction score
Niagra / Glacier bay flapperless

I've installed a few of these; I like the simple design. But one weird problem on one toilet. It flushed but erratically; the bowl wouldn't clear as if the main line wasn't clearing ... Turned out that a round plastic cap had fallen into the tank and was stuck and bouncing around behind the approx 1" dia. jet/orifice that squirts into the bottom of the bowl. This jet pushes the crap with a minimal amount of water (in contrast to the old style which just relies on a whole lot of water going into the bowl). It was easy enough to remove the errant plastic with some pliers, and now its fine. Regarding parts, the valve is made by fluidmaster, but the tippy trough and handle, who knows ?? I communicated with Niagra and they indicated that parts are available direct from them. Hope they stay in business !!

Last edited by a moderator:

emma

Reaction score
I bought 4-5 of these several years back. Put them in different 1 bathroom apartments...thought they were an answer to a landlords prayers. Atlanta water is very high and a leaky/running toilet will immediately eat up any profit margin and then some.
Received a call this Sat afternooon..."the toilet broke"...how can a toilet break....well it did...the right side clip/bushing/nut assembly that holds up the bucket ...its all plastic and it broke off completely....
parts are not available except by contacting Niagara in NJ...and of course they do not work on weekends...
Decided to replace the Niagara with a regular (parts available) type toilet. I ordered replacement parts and am saving working innards for spare parts in the event that the others break....
The NJ office was very nice and is shipping extra parts....but suggest if you get these toilets...order the spare parts in advance....leaving tenants without functioning toilet for several days iis not generally acceptable.

TEXASCITIZEN

Reaction score
It's not new, I have two in stock.
I've sold dozens of them,
But when they changed manufacturing, I quit selling them.
They were always a very basic toilet, but then the quality went down, and it was no longer worth carrying.

This "new" technology has been around for ten years or so,
And there is newer stuff out there that is better.

niagara_angle.jpg

And looking inside the tank
niagara_inside_tank.jpg

The handles break too easily.
Ever changed a Niagara handle?

TEXASCITIZEN

Reaction score
4-Story hotel with more than 100 rooms. We have had more than 100 of the Niagara 1.6 gpm toilets installed for several years. They have been quiet, trouble free and they have reduced clogs since the main water flow flushes right down the throat of the commode. I have had 3 problems: 1. The commode is no longer made in bone/biscuit color to match our color scheme, only white. 2. Maintenance dropped one and broke it while moving it. 3. A guest stole a part out of the tank of one commode. I don't know about the new models but, the 1.6 gpm model is highly recommended.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
4-Story hotel with more than 100 rooms. We have had more than 100 of the Niagara 1.6 gpm toilets installed for several years. They have been quiet, trouble free and they have reduced clogs since the main water flow flushes right down the throat of the commode. I have had 3 problems: 1. The commode is no longer made in bone/biscuit color to match our color scheme, only white. 2. Maintenance dropped one and broke it while moving it. 3. A guest stole a part out of the tank of one commode. I don't know about the new models but, the 1.6 gpm model is highly recommended.

I started this thing years ago. Never bought one after reading the replies and considering getting stuck with a orphan Chinese toilet - too bulky to use even as a boat anchor.

julie c

Reaction score
I have a Niagara flapperless toilet that came with the house I bought 5 yrs ago. I thought it was different interesting and cool. Worked great other than noisy until now. The fill valve is not allowing it to fill up. If I "bend it" water will come out. I live in Florida so water source is terrible and I think I have rust in my pipes so I am installing a water softener but any suggestions from those who have worked with this valve would be great. I am willing to get a replacement part if that's all it needs

Last edited:

Wallijonn

Reaction score
This test also had really surprising results from flapper replacements that took many 1.6 flushes to 5.5 gallons.

That would be a good trick since probably most 1.6gpf tanks probably can't hold 5.5g. Maybe 3 gallons. But 5??? I therefore have to conclude that it had to be flushed twice.

I do like the trap-way, though.

I considered a Niagara before I bought my Totos. I just figured that it would be more of a pain with our heavy mineral water than a straight fill valve.

How can you say that there's no sweating? Maybe the outside of the tank doesn't sweat, but there is sweating inside the tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks