Next best toilet to TOTO

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
Best how? Function? Check the Cadet 3.

rustico69

Reaction score
So my options are Kohler... Gerber...or American Standard....after reading through the forums ...Kohler Highline seems to be good....Gerber Avalanche descent,,,AM Cadet 3 or Cadet Pro..descent with some quality issues...any other models from those three companies i should consider

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Have checked with your local plumbing stores about them ordering you a Toto? Most shops in the US can do this even when they don't stock or promote Toto in their store.

Plumbs Away

Reaction score
So my options are Kohler... Gerber...or American Standard....after reading through the forums ...Kohler Highline seems to be good....Gerber Avalanche descent,,,AM Cadet 3 or Cadet Pro..descent with some quality issues...any other models from those three companies i should consider
All three that you referenced perform exceptionally well. There is some disagreement with me on this point, but I have found that the 1.6 GPF models have slightly more "thrust" to the flush than their 1.28 GPF counterparts. The American Standard Cadet, Gerber Avalanche and Kohler Highline are available in both versions. As Gary Swart mentioned, Toto can be easily ordered and I know that you can get them through The Home Depot.

rustico69

Reaction score
i did check with them ...they cant get toto...i found a dealer in a neighbouring province...buts a 4 hr round trip and he wants 450 dollars for a toto drake....so with taxes , bridge fare, and fuel costs...its close to 600 dollars...not worth it when i can the other models i mentioned for around the 300 dollar mark

Plumbs Away

Reaction score
i did check with them ...they cant get toto...i found a dealer in a neighbouring province...buts a 4 hr round trip and he wants 450 dollars for a toto drake....so with taxes , bridge fare, and fuel costs...its close to 600 dollars...not worth it when i can the other models i mentioned for around the 300 dollar mark
Good point. I just noticed that you're not in the U.S.

Ginger Sofia

Reaction score
I need the BEST toilet that can handle flushing a Mack truck.....I have researched & researched only to still be hesitant to pull the trigger on my replacement toilet.
Kohler Cimarron 5 OR Toto Drake
Or is their a better choice?
I really don't need anymore lectures on "what" my children are putting down the hole. If you saw how much food is consumed in this household you would get the fact "it" has to go somewhere.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If their deposit is long and hard, a Caroma may be the best choice. IF it is just volume, either one of those should work. The Caromas' have a 3" diameter trapway, the others closer to 2", so long, hard things go around the bend easier. I'm somewhat biased against Kohler.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks