Newport Brass Tempress II Trim Kit

Users who are viewing this thread

spstack

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking to update my 12 year old shower faucet and the valve is a Tempress II.... not sure what the original brand is for the trim I've attached a picture of the valve. Does anyone know a good online place with reasonable prices to get upgrade trim kits?

Thanks! Sean

IMG_4083.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tempress

"Upgrade" trim kits for a Tempress II faucet? My initial reaction is, "You've go to be kidding", but that was also my second reaction. You will be hard pressed to even find original design chrome trim kits for it.

spstack

Reaction score
Whoops... I guess no links allowed to auction site... I found one (Westbrass) and here is the picture. Same valve.

westbrass.jpg

Attachments

• westbrass.jpg
    westbrass.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 7,362
Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
newport-brass-shower-1.jpg

I think this was a little tight.

newport-brass-shower-2.jpg

So maybe cut some around the valve.

newport-brass-shower-3.jpg

The old cartridge. It worked great with the new one.

index.php

Last edited:

Thomas Bonasera

Reaction score
Not trying to hijack thread, but if anybody is still following with any knowledge would be helpful. My questions is I don't know the Mfg for the shower trim, the cartridge itself has a brass stem, the extension and securing screw are brass as well. I ordered a replacement cartridge which arrived with a chrome stem, everything went back together fine. When I went to screw extension screw which slides down through extension shaft to secure to shaft on cartridge, it appears thread on brass screw does not match the thread within shaft of shower cartridge. I did not want apply to much pressure and risk cross threading cartridge or losing thread on brass screw leaving me in a more precarious situation. The other problem there are no shut-off stops at shower, so entire house water supply needs to be turned off to make repair. I returned cartridge with chrome shaft as thread made it impossible to put back together.

Does anybody no where to get this cartridge with a brass shaft? Or should I have kept the replacement cartridge I ordered, and replaced brass screw with a metal screw to match replacement cartridge shaft. I just dont know what the thread and screw size are. The photo which shows the extension shaft has a screw which can be removed, the photo does not show this.

20181027_080256.jpg
20181027_080648.jpg
20181027_081928.jpg
20181027_083951.jpg
20181027_085402.jpg
20181027_080655.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks