Newport Brass Bridge Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

charlieH

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I am trying to change ceramic cartridges for a Newport Brass bridge faucet. I was able to remove the spring clip to release the diverter assembly off of the main faucet from underneath, as well as remove a large brass nut that screws into the top of the assembly. The cartridge is nested deep within the diverter housing, and has a splined extension that is slipped over the cartridge shaft. The splined extension has a small allen screw threaded into a hole in its side to secure it to the shaft. I have removed the allen screw but the extension just will not release from the cartridge shaft. I have tried tapping it with a hammer and even used a small torch to heat it a bit, in hopes it would dislodge. Without removing the shaft extension, I do not have a deep enough socket to get down into the assembly and unseat the actual cartridge. Do you all have any idea how I can remove that shaft? Thank you in advance.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks