Newby water well owner with questions

Users who are viewing this thread

prsdrat

Reaction score
Hello all, I recently purchased some property with a marginal (5gpm) well and have some questions;
What I know, so far is that in 2005, the last certification, it produced 5gpm via a 3/4HP4.6P submersible
pump. As of yet, I don't know the depth of the well or the brand of the pump. The pump is driven by
a Honda EX3300 Generator, with no controller, and the water fills a storage tank which gravity feeds
the cabin. After the generator is repaired(it, and the pump, sat unused for 9 years), the tests will begin.
If the pump and well is good, is it OK to run without a controller? This a vacation cabin and will be
used, sporadically throughout the year, so continuous duty is not an issue. What, if any, other issues
should I be aware of?

Thanks.

Reach4

Reaction score
it produced 5gpm via a 3/4HP4.6P submersible
pump.
You may be misreading the document that you got that from. Maybe scan/photograph the portion of the document that describes the pump and well, and post that?

Last edited:

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
5 gpm is hardly marginal when you consider there are 1440 minutes in the day.

1440 minutes x 5 gpm = 7200 gallons per day

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Hello all, I recently purchased some property with a marginal (5gpm) well and have some questions;
What I know, so far is that in 2005, the last certification, it produced 5gpm via a 3/4HP4.6P submersible
pump. As of yet, I don't know the depth of the well or the brand of the pump. The pump is driven by
a Honda EX3300 Generator, with no controller, and the water fills a storage tank which gravity feeds
the cabin. After the generator is repaired(it, and the pump, sat unused for 9 years), the tests will begin.
If the pump and well is good, is it OK to run without a controller? This a vacation cabin and will be
used, sporadically throughout the year, so continuous duty is not an issue. What, if any, other issues
should I be aware of?

Thanks.

If that is a normal 3 wire type pump, you will need a control box to make it function. You will need to find out what kind of pump it is before we can tell you if a controller is needed or not.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks