newbie's question on a 1950's ranch repipe

Users who are viewing this thread

delray

Reaction score
Hello to all,
I've been lurking on this forum for awhile and I realized this is the place to get great professional opinions. I have a 1950's ranch with 1.5 baths , all galvanized pipe, 3/4" service from meter to house then 1/2" branch system.
I plan on updating the system soon as I noticed the service line at the foundation wall is badly corroded. I plan on using PEX pipe.
I've read alot of posts and developed a diagram with what I think will work. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Attachments

• proposed plumbing.png
    proposed plumbing.png
    181.2 KB · Views: 1,185

Reach4

Reaction score
If you want to consider installing a water softener, this would be a good time to at least leave provisions.

delray

Reaction score
What's your opinion on the pipe sizing and layout? Is Pex or Pe better for the service line?

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Go by what local plumbers install. Talk to at least 3 experienced contractors in your area.
Your lay out makes sense.

My idea: for the main (meter to the house) - use 1" copper L.
1" copper L (from point of entry to the water heater and manifold).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks