Newbie Wet Vent Question: Tub->Toilet->Sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Phillip Smith

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am a newb and have a wet vent question. I have done a lot of research and it appears that I can do this, just want professional advice validating yes or no.

Scenario: Small Bath with Tub/Toilet/Sink left to right.
I have my tub P-trap into a 3" Combo Long Sweep Wye.
The Toilet into the top of the 3" combo Wye.
Out of the Wye into a 3"x3"x2" T

*Note*! I just read the T after the toilet Wye is out of code, I will replace it with another Sweep Wye with 2" up to to a 2" Sanitary T with Stub Out and up to the roof for venting.

Is the one 2" vent off the sink enough for the Tub and Toilet or do I need to put a vent between the tub and toilet that goes up and ties into the sink vent in the attic to the roof?

I have attached a picture for reference.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 872
Last edited:

Phillip Smith

Reaction score
That 3" vent appears to just be there to make someone "feel good" because from your diagram it serves absolutely no purpose

Hi Hj, My picture may not be great, that 3" orange I labeled DWV is actually the waste line running the length of the house under the floor joist to where it connects to a 4" combo wye and the 4" waste line that goes out to the septic tank. I will add another picture I took today of what I have done. This picture from right to left is: Tub Drain/Ptrap, then a 2" combo wye that is used for a vent straight to the attic, then the 3" combo wye for the toilet, then on the other side of the floor joist another 3" combo wye with 2" bushing for the sink drain which has a sanitary tee 16" off the floor with another vent pipe straight out the top of that. The second picture is actually pointed up to the floor, the website turned it sideways. So all 4 pipes go straight up.

So I have two 2" vents on this section that are combined in the attic and out the roof.

Is that ok?

phillip

Attachments

• IMG_2390.JPG
    IMG_2390.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_2393.JPG
    IMG_2393.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 386
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks